Sunday 8 January 2012

Stoked!

A while back, I wrote to an online music site (Stereoboard.com) regarding writing for them. I've wanted to work in the music industry for so long, but I'm the most unmusical person you're ever likely to meet, so writing about music is the next best thing. They replied asking to see a piece of my work, so I sent them a review I wrote about Professor Green's single 'Never Be a Right Time'. I'd written it for university, and whilst it could probably be better, I was proud of it.

After a while of not hearing back from the site, I assumed that I'd been unsuccessful and they weren't interested and was, kind of, okay with that. Then, out of the blue, I got an email from them, saying they want me to write for them and asking me to confirm details, etc. I literally cannot put into words how excited I am about this whole prospect.

I'll be able to review singles/albums/ep's, gigs, interview artists and write features. It's literally my dream job! I think that, providing you have enough passion for a job, money is irrelevant; which is why I don't care that I won't get paid, unless the budget allows. I'm just happy that somebody's given me a chance to do what I love - write about music.

I'm pretty nervous, in case what I produce isn't up to their standard, but I'm hopeful that it will be. I always put my everything into what I write and I hope that, particularly with music related things, it shows.

Looks like this year's going to be a good one after all. We're only in January and I already have a job/chance to do my dream job and I've bagged myself a lovely man who treats me like a princess!