Friday 23 March 2012

Kids In Glass Houses - Diamond Days

Those Welsh rockers have finally done it again. When I first heard of them, back in '08, their single 'Give Me What I Want' managed to get stuck in my head for weeks, possibly even months. Although I've heard songs of theirs since then, nothing ever managed to repeat itself in my head like that song. Until now.

'Diamond Days' is one of the best songs I've heard from Kids In Glass Houses, ever. In fact, right now, it's one of my favourite songs from the past few years. There's just something about it that makes me want to dance - possibly the fact it reminds me of this song. I could be wrong. Or maybe it's the fact that the lead female in the video (none other than Georgia Horsley; model and girlfriend of 1/4 of McFly) dances at the beginning. I'm easily influenced when it comes to dancing to good songs.

Usually, when I listen to songs, I can't help but listen to the bass guitar. That's not the case with this song. I hear amazing vocals and drumming, when I close my eyes, makes me wish I was in the crowd at a KIGH gig. If anybody could make that happen, I'd love you. Forever. Or at least until the gig was over.

When I like a song, I can list a thousand (slight dramatisation) of reasons as to why. Other than the fact this song makes me want to dance and is catchy as anything, I can't. I think that's part of the reason why I like it so much though. I want to keep listening to it so that I can work out just what it is about it that makes me tick. If anyone has any suggestions, hit me up! All I know is that whenever I open my iTunes, this is the first song I play. If I open YouTube, this is one of the first videos I search for. It's been stuck in my head for weeks now. It's unhealthy and I love every second of it.

Here's hoping the next release from Kids In Glass Houses will be this amazing.