Tuesday 2 April 2013

Tuesday's Treats - The Beauty Parlour and MUA

Last week I went shopping with no intention of buying anything – I just wanted to browse the shops on my lunch break. To my delight, I found one of the nicest smelling body butters I’ve ever come across for £1.49! What an absolute bargain!



I don’t often look around Savers but I’m so glad I did. You get 300ml of product which I think, for the price, is a steal. It smells quite similar to some of the Soap and Glory products (the peachy scented ones). It’s not as strong as the Soap and Glory scent but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Some of the scents that are listed in the ingredients are: Shea Butter, Apricot, Orange, and Patchouli. I put this on after a bath and it leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturised and, more importantly, it leaves me smelling absolutely beautiful.


The texture is quite thick so a little bit of this product goes a long way. Usually my legs are incredibly dry and, therefore, itchy but The Beauty Parlour’s Body Butter helps no end!
____________________


I also treated myself to an MUA nail varnish today in ‘Pistachio Ice Cream’ for just £1. I’ve been looking for a nice mint shade for my nails but I was never sure it would suit my skin tone. I figured for £1 it didn’t matter if I bought this one and didn’t like it.


MUA have recently changed the packaging (is that the right word?) of their nail varnishes and it’s definitely for the better. They’re easier to hold when painting your nails and they just look better in general.


It only took two coats to get an opaque colour and, although it looked fairly streaky after the first coat, it evens out in the second. So don’t panic if it looks a little iffy after one coat! It turns out that I love this shade on my nails and I’m glad I managed to find the perfect mint shade without having to spend a fortune. Thank God for MUA!

They currently have a sale on their website so check it out and get your own Tuesday Treat!

What would you recommend as next Tuesday’s treat?