Monday 4 March 2013

Mayer - 10 More Minutes



Back in 2009, I believe, I went to see a band called Kid British (you can check them out here) play at the iTunes festival. I’d only recently discovered the band but I fell in love with them – particularly the vocals of one singer. Years down the line, one vocalist leaves and the band eventually split in order to follow solo careers.

The vocalist that left was James Mayer and he has, from the very first time I heard a Kid British song, had the ability to captivate me entirely and give me goosebumps – as a direct result of his vocals. There’s something about it; a certain depth and roughness that helps him portray emotion with ease.

Performing under the name Mayer, James has released two videos on his YouTube channel and both of them are incredible. '10 More Minutes' is my personal favourite but, in all honesty, I love them both a tremendous amount.

The lyrics and general sound of the tracks are amazing but, for me, it’s the vocals that outshine everything else. His voice is incredibly unique and easy to listen to it. I can’t rave about him enough.

Mayer has been working hard on his upcoming EP which will be available soon and I, for one, cannot wait to hear it. I’ll definitely be reviewing it as soon as it’s available! He’s also filming a video soon for his first single. Exciting! I just couldn't wait to share his talent with you! 

What do you think… Are you looking forward to hearing Mayer’s EP?