Thursday 28 February 2013

Ben and David - Earthquake (cover)


I'll start by saying that most of what you're about to read is going to be biased because I know one of the two involved in this video. Whatever. Regardless of that, I want to share it with you and everything you're about to read has truth to it... I might just end up exaggerating it...

Videos like this make my insides happy in a way that only music videos can. It's all well and good me listening to a song and attempting, and usually failing, to pick out all the instruments that might have been used etc. but it's a whole 'nother thing when I get to see a song broken down before my very eyes, yet so carefully constructed at the same time.

It kind of reminds me of Brett Domino but less... What's the word..? Wooden? Tacky? Weird? I think that's the one I wanted... Weird. It's fun and funny. It's all the good things in life. It's exactly what music should be. Complex and simple all wrapped up in a 2 minute video. 

Ahh, maybe you're wondering what about this video I find so funny... Keep your eyes peeled at about 0.42. You're in for a treat. (Sorry, Ben!). There's other little bits that make me chuckle too. Watch out for them! 

I'm yet to show this to somebody and have them dislike it, that's all I'm gonna say. 

What musical gems like this have you found recently on YouTube?