Wednesday 27 February 2013

Bleugh


Originally I’d intended on blogging about tube journeys and how I absolutely love them but then I had a bad few days and my mind was swiftly changed…

Basically, yesterday I had a pretty shitty panic attack (as opposed to those really good ones… God, what am I saying?!) and it left me a bit miserable. I’ve had them before and I suspect I’ll have one again. It’s more the inconvenience of it all that’s got to me – not necessarily the panic attack itself.

If you’ve never had one before, they’re rough... Your chest gets tight, you feel like you need to escape whatever situation/environment you’re in, you feel nauseas, you question everything and, if you’re like me, you need stillness and quiet (which is hard if they happen in public).

I was supposed to go to work but instead I had to take the day off because, after it happened, I felt anxious and my chest felt tight and, in truth, I wasn’t prepared to step outside and have it happen again. I know exactly why it happened and I’m not going to go into it on a public blog, although maybe one day I’ll change my mind, but I just wanted to express how irritating it is that it happened.

Oh god, I’ve become one of those annoying people that only tell half the story which leaves people coming to two conclusions; either I want someone to push for the rest of the story or I wanted to involve you in one aspect of my life but don’t trust you enough to tell you the rest. Neither option’s great.

In reality, I blogged about it because I’m angry that I had a panic attack after not having had one for so long and I’m angry at how badly it’s affected me.

Have you ever had a panic attack? If so, what do you do to calm yourself down?